Since few weeks my builds aren't deploying artifacts from Maven but from the jenkins post build tasks to fail faster if there is a build issue and to not publish an unless incomplete set of artifacts SNAPSHOTs in the remote repositories.
But since I use this I noticed various upload failures like this one :
Searching a little bit we can find this issue (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-108) where it is said that it could be related to the version of the wagon used and the httpcommons-client.
Digging in my server apache logs I can see that all uploads from jenkins are marked as :
It is using "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1-rc1" while my maven builds are using the wagon org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav-jackrabbit:1.0-beta-7 which has a dependency to commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:3.1
I never had this upload error when I deployed from Maven itself thus there is either a classloader issue or something badly implemented which doesn't use the wagon defined in the project pom.