Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Component/s: junit-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      1. is a character that needs to be escaped in URLs. Similar to JENINS-1768 and JENKINS-2788 we get broken links to test results (both normal links and the inline ajax links) where the part after the # is treated by the browser as the target causing the links to be 404.

      If we fix the URL by replacing the # with the url escaped %23 it works correctly.

      This is a problem to us because it's best practice to use # in test names in Ruby as described in this tutorial: http://eggsonbread.com/2010/03/28/my-rspec-best-practices-and-tips/

      After some digging I found hudson.tasks.test.TestObject.safe(String s) which was modified in the previous bug that now handles "/" "\" and ":", but not #.

      Can provide more details and produce test cases as needed.

      Thanks,
      Morgan

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            mog Morgan Christiansson created issue -
            mog Morgan Christiansson made changes -
            Field Original Value New Value
            Description # is a character that needs to be escaped in URLs. Similar to JENINS-1768 and JENKINS-2788 we get broken links to test results (both normal links and the inline ajax links) where the part after the # is treated by the browser as the target causing the links to be 404.

            If we fix the URL by replacing the # with the url escaped %23 it works correctly.


            This is a problem to us because it's best practice to use # in test names in Ruby as described in this tutorial: http://eggsonbread.com/2010/03/28/my-rspec-best-practices-and-tips/

            After some digging I found hudson.tasks.test.TestObject.safe(String s) which was modified in the previous bug that now handles "/" "\\" and ":", but not #.


            Can provide more details and produce test cases as needed.

            Thanks,
            Morgan
            # is a character that needs to be escaped in URLs. Similar to JENINS-1768 and JENKINS-2788 we get broken links to test results (both normal links and the inline ajax links) where the part after the # is treated by the browser as the target causing the links to be 404.

            If we fix the URL by replacing the # with the url escaped %23 it works correctly.


            This is a problem to us because it's best practice to use # in test names in Ruby as described in this tutorial: http://eggsonbread.com/2010/03/28/my-rspec-best-practices-and-tips/

            After some digging I found hudson.tasks.test.TestObject.safe(String s) which was modified in the previous bug that now handles "/" "\" and ":", but not #.


            Can provide more details and produce test cases as needed.

            Thanks,
            Morgan
            Hide
            kutzi kutzi added a comment -

            Yes, a test case would be useful.
            Also the Jenkins version you use should be provided - as always.

            Show
            kutzi kutzi added a comment - Yes, a test case would be useful. Also the Jenkins version you use should be provided - as always.
            mog Morgan Christiansson made changes -
            Link This issue duplicates JENKINS-10458 [ JENKINS-10458 ]
            kutzi kutzi made changes -
            Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
            Resolution Duplicate [ 3 ]
            rtyler R. Tyler Croy made changes -
            Workflow JNJira [ 140602 ] JNJira + In-Review [ 189147 ]

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                mog Morgan Christiansson
              • Votes:
                2 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                0 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: