Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-17715

Display Name is not shown

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Component/s: core
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      After upgrade from 1.510 to 1.512 'Display Name' that is set within a job
      is not shown anymore. Just the Project name.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

            Marcin: I just set up a new Jenkins instance with 1.531 and the default 'All' list view shows the display name of a freestyle job I just created. Could you be more specific about the circumstances you're experiencing this issue in, maybe even provide steps to reproduce the problem on a Jenkins instance created from scratch?

            Show
            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Marcin: I just set up a new Jenkins instance with 1.531 and the default 'All' list view shows the display name of a freestyle job I just created. Could you be more specific about the circumstances you're experiencing this issue in, maybe even provide steps to reproduce the problem on a Jenkins instance created from scratch?
            Hide
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment -

            Thanks for reply, Daniel!

            I have done some more testing and this problem seems to be specific to latest Firefox (24.0, running on Windows 8). FF is in Polish language version (Windows 8 has US locale). That is, when I log into Jenkins using Chrome, the project name stays as it should be.

            My colleagues are running FF on various Linux distros and they have the same problem, so it seems FF-specific and perhaps it is created by server locale as well:

            The server is Ubuntu Server 12.04, Polish locale set:

            LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
            LANGUAGE=
            LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_NUMERIC="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_TIME="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_COLLATE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_MONETARY="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_MESSAGES="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_PAPER="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_NAME="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_ADDRESS="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_TELEPHONE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_MEASUREMENT="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_IDENTIFICATION="pl_PL.UTF-8"
            LC_ALL=

            What's really strange is that some parts of the interface are localized and some parts are not localized:

            http://s16.postimg.org/74fstcymt/jenkins_locale.png

            If you need any testing, tweaking or changes, let me know, I'll help out.

            Show
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment - Thanks for reply, Daniel! I have done some more testing and this problem seems to be specific to latest Firefox (24.0, running on Windows 8). FF is in Polish language version (Windows 8 has US locale). That is, when I log into Jenkins using Chrome, the project name stays as it should be. My colleagues are running FF on various Linux distros and they have the same problem, so it seems FF-specific and perhaps it is created by server locale as well: The server is Ubuntu Server 12.04, Polish locale set: LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8 LANGUAGE= LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_TIME="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_NAME="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="pl_PL.UTF-8" LC_ALL= What's really strange is that some parts of the interface are localized and some parts are not localized: http://s16.postimg.org/74fstcymt/jenkins_locale.png If you need any testing, tweaking or changes, let me know, I'll help out.
            Hide
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment -

            P.S. of course I should have written that this happens when I click project config after logging in.

            Show
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment - P.S. of course I should have written that this happens when I click project config after logging in.
            Hide
            vlatombe Vincent Latombe added a comment -

            @Marcin : it's definitely a different issue, I'd recommend that you open a separate jira for this.

            Show
            vlatombe Vincent Latombe added a comment - @Marcin : it's definitely a different issue, I'd recommend that you open a separate jira for this.
            Hide
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment -

            It's a bug in KeeFox (FF extension). Apparently it thinks that "Project Name" is a password field and it autofills it.

            After disabling KeeFox in FF the Project Name is filled correctly (that is, it contains actual project name and there are no issues on clicking Save button in project configuration).

            Show
            mkebaypl2 Marcin Krol added a comment - It's a bug in KeeFox (FF extension). Apparently it thinks that "Project Name" is a password field and it autofills it. After disabling KeeFox in FF the Project Name is filled correctly (that is, it contains actual project name and there are no issues on clicking Save button in project configuration).

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                emwfrpr emwfrpr
              • Votes:
                3 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                13 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: