Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-26734

Subversion Plugin 2.5 is incompatible with Multiple SCM plugin

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      After an upgrade from 1.581 to 1.596 all the jobs that had a Multiple SCM configuration of Git/SVN or SVN/SVN stopped working, showing the following error in their console log:

      Updating [<SVN URL removed>] at revision '2015-02-02T08:51:12.932 +0100'
      At revision 110220
      FATAL: org.jenkinsci.plugins.multiplescms.MultiSCMRevisionState cannot be cast to hudson.scm.SVNRevisionState
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jenkinsci.plugins.multiplescms.MultiSCMRevisionState cannot be cast to hudson.scm.SVNRevisionState
      	at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.calcChangeLog(SubversionSCM.java:725)
      	at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:860)
      	at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:484)
      	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.multiplescms.MultiSCM.checkout(MultiSCM.java:117)
      	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1270)
      	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:609)
      	at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
      	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:531)
      	at com.tikal.jenkins.plugins.multijob.MultiJobBuild$MultiJobRunnerImpl.run(MultiJobBuild.java:134)
      	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1718)
      	at com.tikal.jenkins.plugins.multijob.MultiJobBuild.run(MultiJobBuild.java:73)
      	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:89)
      	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:240)
      

      At first, I thought the Multiple SCM plugin was the one to blame, but downgrading that one didn't provide any result.

      Unfortunately, the SVN client is a pinned plug-in, thus not easy to just upgrade. However, after un-pinning Subversion plugin and downgrading to 2.4.5, the Multiple SCMs builds are working again.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment -

            Jose Arevalo, downgrade to Subversion plugin 2.4.5 worked for me.

            Show
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - Jose Arevalo, downgrade to Subversion plugin 2.4.5 worked for me.
            Hide
            recena Manuel Recena Soto added a comment -

            I tried to reproduce this bug without success. I tested with: Jenkins 1.596 and 1.625, Multiple SCMs 0.5 and Subversion 2.5.7.

            Show
            recena Manuel Recena Soto added a comment - I tried to reproduce this bug without success. I tested with: Jenkins 1.596 and 1.625, Multiple SCMs 0.5 and Subversion 2.5.7.
            Hide
            recena Manuel Recena Soto added a comment -

            Michael Shmulevich Could you confirm if the bug was solved?

            Show
            recena Manuel Recena Soto added a comment - Michael Shmulevich Could you confirm if the bug was solved?
            Hide
            euala Evgeniy Larshin added a comment -

            I have same problem with Jenkins 2.9, Subversion 1.3.

            Show
            euala Evgeniy Larshin added a comment - I have same problem with Jenkins 2.9, Subversion 1.3.
            Hide
            rodrigc Craig Rodrigues added a comment -

            Cannot reproduce: Jenkins 2.16, multiple-scms 0.6, Subversion Plug-in 2.6

            Show
            rodrigc Craig Rodrigues added a comment - Cannot reproduce: Jenkins 2.16, multiple-scms 0.6, Subversion Plug-in 2.6

              People

              • Assignee:
                recena Manuel Recena Soto
                Reporter:
                tpetuu Michael Shmulevich
              • Votes:
                10 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                15 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: