Users are able to create custom views for multibranch projects, however if that view is not the primary view, all links to the branch projects are broken. This is because the URL child prefix for multibranch projects is branch (https://github.com/jenkinsci/branch-api-plugin/blob/branch-api-1.0/src/main/java/jenkins/branch/MultiBranchProject.java#L463).
Views do not have a Stapler URL binding getBranch(String name), but the fallback for the primary view onto the MultiBranchProject class masks this issue.
1. Create multibranch project (any type)
2. Index some branches
3. Create a new view with some branches in it
4. Do not make it the primary view
5. Click a link to a branch on the new view
6. Observe broken link root/job/my-multibranch/view/custom-view/branch/branch-name
7. Make the new view the primary view
8. Click a link to a branch on the new view
9. Observe branch project page