Created an account here to comment on this. This feature is becoming increasingly necessary for my team as we are bringing people into the Jenkins fold that have no experience at all with Jenkins and have difficulty navigating the interface. Blue Ocean is an absolutely fantastic way to introduce people to jenkins, especially when they can see the power of pipelines and how easily Jenkins manages the complexity found in some of our more complex pipelines.
The problem is that in order to see what parameters were passed to the job to begin with they have to go back into the standard Jenkins UI to find them, even if there were only a few provided to start the job.
I've never submitted a PR to Jenkins before but I would be interested in pursuing this as a place to start.
My only hesitations are as follows:
- Not sure where to even start from a code perspective
- Not sure if whatever code I do write will be merged in or even considered
- Note: I understand completely that if my code is crap it won't go in anyway, that is perfectly reasonable. I'm only talking about getting a PR review to begin with
- Not sure what the interface/UI guidelines are that would restrict the implementation of this feature. For example:
- Should this be a separate tab near the others? (Pipeline, changes, tests, artifacts, etc)
- Are there prebuilt UI classes or components that I should use to assemble the UI?
Anyway, I hope this gains traction and becomes something we can implement. I am all ears and ready to help.