Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
Environment:centos7 linux master, windows 2012R2 64 bit slave - both machines are ec2 instances in AWS
no reverse proxy or tomcat container
IE version 11
This setup works fine with Jenkins war org.jenkins-ci.main:jenkins-war:1.649, but the latest jenkins on a new server/slave doesn't work. The only way I was able to get the slave to start is on the command line and then I created a bat file which is kicked off by the task scheduler.
I have tried this on 2 different setups. I tried all the methods here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Step+by+step+guide+to+set+up+master+and+slave+machines, and https://support.cloudbees.com/hc/en-us/articles/217423827-How-to-Install-Several-Windows-Slaves-as-a-Service, and https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Windows+slaves+fail+to+start+via+DCOM.
The error message is: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: jnlpJars/slave.jar
|Field||Original Value||New Value|
|Component/s||core [ 15593 ]|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Duplicate [ 3 ]|