Status: Open (View Workflow)
Environment:Jenkins core: 1.625
Promted build plugin:
Parameterized Trigger: 2.29
Dynamic Parameter: 0.2.0
- create Job A
- create Job B
- configure Job A with a build step the that blocks until trigger for parameterized job B completes,
- configure Job A with a dynamic parameter with following groovy:
- configure Job A with a promotion when... Job B is successful
- build the job
- check jenkins logs for "JOB PARAMETER" take note of the count. i.e. grep "JOB PARAMETER" /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log | wc -l
- click Build with parameters for Job A agains
- check jenkins logs for "JOB PARAMETER" take note of the count2. i.e. grep "JOB PARAMETER" /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log | wc -l
- difference should be 1 however it's 4.
the more blocking jobs you add to Job A the promotion job call generation of parameters many times over for each static job.
this in turn is leading to a lenghty load time to several of our jobs that make a webservice call of the paramters and the job has about 7 static downstream jobs and the paramter generation happens about 120 times per job load or build click.