- Add a folder configuration setting for defining a pattern (regular expression) that is allowed when naming a New Item in that particular folder.
- Folder name: team-a
- Role patterns:
- team-a-folder = team-a
- team-a-projects = team-a/team-a.*
- Need to enforce New Item (for example, Pipeline Project) naming requirement to begin with "team-a".
Support issue caused by the absence of this feature:
- Teams are able to create a New Item (for example, a Pipeline Project) that does not match the role pattern, and then the item is not visible to the team. This generates a support ticket to the Jenkins Administrators.
- We are assigning role patterns for different team LDAP groups to have access to different Folders in Jenkins. Role-based Authorization Strategy version 2.4.0.
- Name Pattern is only currently available for the global configuration under: Restrict project naming - Naming Strategy - Strategy - Pattern (screen shot attached)
- Therefore, currently, naming conventions cannot be set specific to different team folders.