Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Environment:Windows 10 Professional
MS Edge 40.15063.0.0
Sprint:Blue Ocean 1.2-beta1, Blue Ocean 1.2-beta2, Blue Ocean 1.2-beta3, Blue Ocean 1.2-beta4, Blue Ocean 1.2, Blue Ocean 1.3
- Fix the loading indicator under MS Edge
When creating a new Pipeline in Blue Ocean using Microsoft Edge, the spinners that display next to each stage of the process don't animate. They stay at 3:00, and remain there indefinitely.
Steps to recreate:
1. Launch Blue Ocean, and click the "New Pipeline" button.
2. Pick a place for your source code to be. I chose GitHub. If this takes a long time (which doesn't always happen), you'll see the stopped loading wheel, as below:
3. Enter a valid GitHub token. It's easy to miss this under most circumstances, because things load fast. I got lucky with this one, and caught it:
4. When you get to the point where you pick New Pipeline or Auto-discover, choose the one which will take a while. In my case, that's Auto-discover. This is a much easier way to demonstrate the stopped loading wheel:
5. You're again likely to see this once you click "Create Pipelines:"
For the entire time the screen shows "Discovering Pipelines," the loading wheel will be stopped at 3:00.