As a Jenkins administrator, I would like all the URLs generated by Jenkins for publishing outside of the website to include utm tracking query parameters so that I can measure how my users interact with Jenkins.
Specifically, I would like to know:
- How many users respond to the emails generated by Jenkins
- How many users respond to the instant messaging notifications from Jenkins
- How many users respond to custom notifications generated by the build script using the RUN_DISPLAY_URL, RUN_CHANGES_DISPLAY_URL or JOB_DISPLAY_URL environment variables.
- The Environment Contributor in the Display URL plugin injects utm_source=jenkins&utm_medium=build-environment into its environment variables
- The DisplayURLProvider.get() api entry point has been deprecated in favour of an entry point that takes the utm_medium as a parameter. The deprecated entry point's behaviour will remain unchanged.
- There is a new api entry point that takes the utm_medium as a parameter, this entry point will return URLs containing the configured UTM tracking information