Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-45695

Incorrect label "null.<test name>.xml" caused the build to fail incorrectly.

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Not A Defect
    • Component/s: performance-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jenkins 2.70, Performance Plugin 3.2
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      Since updating to 3.2 we now have issues with builds being failed for these sorts of reasons:

      23:36:27 The label "null.R011 Test Application Shortcut.xml" caused the build to fail
      

      The xml file contains the following line:

      testcase name="R011 Test Application Shortcut.xml" time="3.889"></testcase>
      

      The plugin appears to be prepending "null" and then deciding that the test has failed. It reports numerous results in the same way.

        Attachments

        1. junit.xml
          0.1 kB
        2. logs.png
          logs.png
          81 kB
        3. null.png
          null.png
          68 kB

          Activity

          Hide
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment -

          Can you attach your report file?

          Show
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment - Can you attach your report file?
          Hide
          ghs1 g hs1 added a comment -

          Hi.

          No but if you tell me what you'd like to see I can try and help.

          Thanks.

          Show
          ghs1 g hs1 added a comment - Hi. No but if you tell me what you'd like to see I can try and help. Thanks.
          Hide
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment -

          Thanks, but nothing needed
          I reproduce this bug with attached report. I got the same "null" , but build didn't fail. See screenshots.
           

          Show
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment - Thanks, but nothing needed I reproduce this bug with attached report. I got the same "null" , but build didn't fail. See screenshots.  
          Hide
          ghs1 g hs1 added a comment -

          How close are we to having a fix for this? Even after reverting the plugin to V2.0 our builds are broken. I presume it's still comparing with output generated by the later version. I've had to disable the performance steps pending a working version. We really need this fixed, please.

          Show
          ghs1 g hs1 added a comment - How close are we to having a fix for this? Even after reverting the plugin to V2.0 our builds are broken. I presume it's still comparing with output generated by the later version. I've had to disable the performance steps pending a working version. We really need this fixed, please.
          Hide
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment - - edited

          Your JUnit xml report does not contains required attribute 'classname' in testcase tag.  
          See docs http://llg.cubic.org/docs/junit/

          Label in performance report consists of classname and name, which are taken from 'testcase' tag.

          Thanks

          Show
          artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov added a comment - - edited Your JUnit xml report does not contains required attribute 'classname' in testcase tag.   See docs http://llg.cubic.org/docs/junit/ Label in performance report consists of classname and name, which are taken from 'testcase' tag. Thanks

            People

            • Assignee:
              artem_fedorov Artem Fedorov
              Reporter:
              ghs1 g hs1
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: