Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-46923

matrix-auth 2.0(beta) incompatible with role-strategy

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Component/s: matrix-auth-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      matrix-auth 2.0 beta
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      Running the matrix-auth 2.0  beta with role-strategy renders all authorized access to just show  a stack-trace:

      WARNUNG: Failed to load com.michelin.cio.hudson.plugins.rolestrategy.RoleBasedAuthorizationStrategy
      java.lang.InstantiationException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method hudson.security.GlobalMatrixAuthorizationStrategy$DescriptorImpl.<init>()V from class com.michelin.cio.
      hudson.plugins.rolestrategy.RoleBasedAuthorizationStrategy$DescriptorImpl
      at net.java.sezpoz.IndexItem.instance(IndexItem.java:193)
      at hudson.ExtensionFinder$GuiceFinder.instantiate(ExtensionFinder.java:353)
      at hudson.ExtensionFinder$GuiceFinder.access$700(ExtensionFinder.java:232)
      at hudson.ExtensionFinder$GuiceFinder$SezpozModule$1.get(ExtensionFinder.java:526)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision(ProviderInternalFactory.java:81)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.provision(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:53)

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          Björn Pedersen Thanks a lot for testing it!

          I fixed this particular issue in https://github.com/jenkinsci/matrix-auth-plugin/pull/33/commits/eb31d2a902ab7b1ae68aa23d000b2637bc2ad53b after trying to build role-strategy with a 2.0-beta-1 dependency (tests are still messed up, but that happens even with core 2.60.1 and matrix-auth 1.7 dependency, but at least it builds now). That particular change is still part of an open PR. If you're willing, you can download the PR build and try it with that.

           

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Björn Pedersen Thanks a lot for testing it! I fixed this particular issue in https://github.com/jenkinsci/matrix-auth-plugin/pull/33/commits/eb31d2a902ab7b1ae68aa23d000b2637bc2ad53b after trying to build role-strategy with a 2.0-beta-1 dependency (tests are still messed up, but that happens even with core 2.60.1 and matrix-auth 1.7 dependency, but at least it builds now). That particular change is still part of an open PR. If you're willing, you can download the PR build and try it with that.  
          Hide
          pedersen Björn Pedersen added a comment -

          Yes, the pull request fixes this bug.

          Show
          pedersen Björn Pedersen added a comment - Yes, the pull request fixes this bug.
          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          Resolved towards 2.0 (or 2.0-beta-2, whichever is next).

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Resolved towards 2.0 (or 2.0-beta-2, whichever is next).
          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          Not true, still in an open PR.

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Not true, still in an open PR.
          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          I just released 2.0-beta-2 which should contain this fix.

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - I just released 2.0-beta-2 which should contain this fix.

            People

            • Assignee:
              danielbeck Daniel Beck
              Reporter:
              pedersen Björn Pedersen
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: