Andrea Matera that pull request has been labeled as "Later". That means that it is one of over 60 pull requests which were not progressing because they were not high enough priority for me and were not receiving significant attention from others. I labeled those pull requests and closed them so that they would not spend time in the continuous integration servers. They will be reopened when time allows me to visit them again.
My current priorities are:
- Resolve git plugin 4.0 pre-release critical regressions and git client plugin 3.0 pre-release critical regressions
- Test and release git plugin 4.0
- Resolve BuildData bloat bug (JENKINS-19022)
- Test and release BuildData bloat fix
- Improve notifyCommit handling
- Test and release notifyCommit handling improvements
- Improve submodule handling
- Test and release submodule handling improvements
- Improve caching for large git repositories
- Test and release git caching improvements
- Improve changelog handling
- Test and release changelog handling improvements
- Other improvements (like this credentials improvement)
If you are available to help and would like to experiment with this proposed change, you could build it yourself, install it in your environment (development or production depending on how much risk you are willing to take), and report the results of that experiment to the pull request.
If you'd like guidance on how to build that pull request locally, I'm happy to help. I'd prefer to provide that type of help in either the jenkinsci-dev mailing list or in the jenkins gitter channel, but I'm willing to help you build it yourself for testing and use. If you test it and use it, that meets your immediate need and helps me by adding more people that are testing the code.