This is a proposal to update the list of subprojects on the project Build Status, to always reflect the most accurate link and status at a glance.
This is not least important when the same subproject is triggered many times within a single project.
The current list of subprojects looks like this:
The problem here, is that the LED and the project link all points to the Project, and therefore does not reflect the status of the current build.
This also means that if the same subproject is refered several places in the project, they will all indicate to be build at the same time (flashing LED).
The proposal is to make three changes:
- Project LED:
- Build not yet in progress: Not shown (or gray?)
- Once in progress, show the LED for the actual build.
- Build Finished, show the LED for the actual build.
- Project link:
- Build not yet in progress: Link to the project
- Once in progress, Link to the particular build
- Build Finished, Link to the particular build
- Collate Static builds
This could make the subproject list look like this:
Not only would this give a nice overview of how far a project has reached, but much more importantly, it would allow one to very quickly jump to the exact build that needs attention.