The simplest reproducible I can find:
- Create a new freestyle job
- Add an Editable Email Notification post-build action
- Click Advanced settings
- Add a "Always" filter and add "Requestor" to Send To
- In Configure Global Security, select Role-Based Security (leave the default settings that make you an admin)
- Run your test job
- The output will say something like this even though you're an admin with permission to see everything:
No emails were triggered.
Email was triggered for: Always
Sending email for trigger: Always
Not sending mail to user Philip.Douglas@example.com with no permission to view Email test #5An attempt to send an e-mail to empty list of recipients, ignored.