Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-55166

Translations file Messages_de.properties has incorrect encoding

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      The translations file Messages_de.properties appears to be in UTF-8 encoding instead of the expected ISO-8859-1 encoding.

      This causes the translated strings to contain garbled chars instead of German umlauts. (See attached screenshot for an example.)

      I created a patched file by converting it to ISO-8859-1. This file is attached to this issue.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          centic centic added a comment -

          I took a different approach and replaced all non-ASCII characters in the property files for German and Spanish to make the encoding of the file irrelevant and avoid issues with different IDEs/Systems altogether.

          Show
          centic centic added a comment - I took a different approach and replaced all non-ASCII characters in the property files for German and Spanish to make the encoding of the file irrelevant and avoid issues with different IDEs/Systems altogether.

            People

            • Assignee:
              ognjenb Ognjen Bubalo
              Reporter:
              svollmer Stephan Vollmer
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: