We removed the compressBuildLog() option from our pipelines after realizing https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-54678 was causing us to not be able to read the logs in the UI after they are compressed.
The pipelines created after branching off of master without that option run fine. However, the pipelines created from before the change on master and had to rebase still have the option in their config.xml on master and still compresses the logs. Their Jenkinsfile does not show the option still.
We have managed to get around this by either deleting the option from the config.xml or by committing the option, running the pipeline, committing removing the option, and running again.