When creating and pushing a tag with the Git Publisher, it gets pushed to the remote repository as a branch. The console output shows:
This appears to be caused by a combination of:
- Line 272 in hudson.plugins.git.GitPublisher (in git-plugin)
- The call to fixRefSpec() in org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.JGitAPIImpl
- This class is in git-client-plugin
- Without a full reference passed to PushCommand.ref(), it defaults to prepending the name with "/refs/heads".
- It should probably default to the prefix used in the source ref rather than "heads"
I don't know if the bug/fix is in git-plugin or git-client-plugin - probably the latter because the CLI client may work fine.