This plugin pre-dates "instance clone" - when it was written, vSphere didn't support it. Linked clones was about as close as you'd get (and even that is tricky).
To do this, we'd need to work out
- if this isn't just sales-hype re-describing what a linked clone is already
- if there's anyone willing and able to implement this
- if the yavijava library supports the API calls required
After that, I'd guess the design process would be to determine:
- what configuration data the Jenkins plugin would need for this use case
- how best to distinguish between "clone from template" and "instant clone" in the configuration UI
- if we'd also need different build steps to support it (e.g. we've got "template to vm" and "vm to template" but would we also need new stuff for "instant clones"?)
- how best to "plug in" to the existing "create a new VM on demand" functionality when the configuration is set to "instant clone".
Having someone both willing and able to do it is key tho' - this is free software; it isn't anyone's "job" to implement features that other people are asking for; if you need it, you learn everything you need to learn to do that, and do it yourself (or you pay someone else to do that).