Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-57480

All old warnings are reported as new after server migration

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Not A Defect
    • Component/s: warnings-ng-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jenkins ver. 2.164.3
      warnings ng plugin ver. 5.0.0
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      We migrated our Jenkins server (master) to new hardware by installing a fresh new Jenkins on the new hardware and then copying the JENKINS_HOME directory from the old hardware to the new. All slaves performing the actual builds were not touched. Since then all warnings are reported as new. For example the report states:

      7,643 new warnings
      7,643 fixed warnings

      I was thinking that maybe the fingerprints of the builds from the old hardware and the fingerprints of the new hardware do not match. Any ideas how to investigate this issue further?

      I would prefer not to reset the quality gate to not miss a new warning introduced by a recent commit.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          drulli Ulli Hafner added a comment -

          The file path is part of the fingerprint (and equals). Are you running the builds on the master?

          Show
          drulli Ulli Hafner added a comment - The file path is part of the fingerprint (and equals). Are you running the builds on the master?
          Hide
          marne Marne added a comment -

          Thanks for your quick response.

          The file paths should be identical. We only migrated the master. The slaves performing the build are still using the same hardware as before.

          Show
          marne Marne added a comment - Thanks for your quick response. The file paths should be identical. We only migrated the master. The slaves performing the build are still using the same hardware as before.
          Hide
          drulli Ulli Hafner added a comment -

          You can check the xml files in the build folder of the build on the new and the old build (*-issues.xml). Maybe a simple diff shows the changed property between the builds. (Or select an issue in both build xml files and compare the properties).

          Show
          drulli Ulli Hafner added a comment - You can check the xml files in the build folder of the build on the new and the old build (*-issues.xml). Maybe a simple diff shows the changed property between the builds. (Or select an issue in both build xml files and compare the properties).
          Hide
          marne Marne added a comment -

          Thanks, with this hint I found which configuration mistake of ours caused the problem.

          The fingerprints of the newer builds all started with "FALLBACK". So Jenkins was not able to read the files. It turned out that we did not configure the source file encoding. Not sure if the encoding Jenkins tried to read the files with changed due to the migration or what caused this to suddenly become a problem but after specifying the correct encoding the issue delta is correct again.

          Thank you very much for your help!

          Show
          marne Marne added a comment - Thanks, with this hint I found which configuration mistake of ours caused the problem. The fingerprints of the newer builds all started with "FALLBACK". So Jenkins was not able to read the files. It turned out that we did not configure the source file encoding. Not sure if the encoding Jenkins tried to read the files with changed due to the migration or what caused this to suddenly become a problem but after specifying the correct encoding the issue delta is correct again. Thank you very much for your help!

            People

            • Assignee:
              drulli Ulli Hafner
              Reporter:
              marne Marne
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: