Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-57814

The unicode of Jira changelog maybe incorrect

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Reopened (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Component/s: jira-trigger-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jira Server 6.4.5 + Jenkins Jira Trigger Plugin 1.0.0
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      In Jira workflow, I have added two states: 修改中, 待测试验证. Then in my jenkins job,  I set up the changelog matcher. After I updated the Jira issue workflow status, I have seen the Webhook message in Jenkins, but the job didn't be triggered.

      In Webhook message, I find the "fromString" is "\u6dc7\ue1bd\u657c\u6d93\ufffd", the “toString“ is "\u5bf0\u546e\u7974\u7487\u66e2\u7359\u7487\ufffd", but I couldn't convert the unicode of these strings to corrected states(Simplified Chinese).

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment -

          Have you tried entering the Chinese characters to the "JIRA field Matcher" directly?

          I'm guessing that the problem with entering "\u6dc7\ue1bd\u657c\u6d93\ufffd" in the field is, the backslash will be treated as just another String, hence the characters will not be treated as a unicode.

          Show
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment - Have you tried entering the Chinese characters to the "JIRA field Matcher" directly? I'm guessing that the problem with entering "\u6dc7\ue1bd\u657c\u6d93\ufffd" in the field is, the backslash will be treated as just another String, hence the characters will not be treated as a unicode.
          Hide
          supershi yang shi added a comment -

          Thanks Wisen! I have entered the Chinese characters before I asked this question, but it doesn't work. So I guess is it possible the unicode of these Chinese characters maybe incorrect? Then I used a unicode convert tool, the unicode of "修改中" is "\u4fee\u6539\u4e2d" and the unicode of "待测试验证“ is "\u5f85\u6d4b\u8bd5\u9a8c\u8bc1", these are not same with the Webhook message.

          Show
          supershi yang shi added a comment - Thanks Wisen! I have entered the Chinese characters before I asked this question, but it doesn't work. So I guess is it possible the unicode of these Chinese characters maybe incorrect? Then I used a unicode convert tool, the unicode of "修改中" is "\u4fee\u6539\u4e2d" and the unicode of "待测试验证“ is "\u5f85\u6d4b\u8bd5\u9a8c\u8bc1", these are not same with the Webhook message.
          Hide
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment -

          I'm afraid this plugin has no control over the WebHook message generated from JIRA. I would suggest you to contact the JIRA support or community and see if you can fix the WebHook message. I think there is a bug in JIRA when the string is stored. There are "\ufffd" in both of the strings too.

          Show
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment - I'm afraid this plugin has no control over the WebHook message generated from JIRA. I would suggest you to contact the JIRA support or community and see if you can fix the WebHook message. I think there is a bug in JIRA when the string is stored. There are "\ufffd" in both of the strings too.
          Hide
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment -

          I believe I can't help you further on this one, feel free to re-open if the issue is moved to this plugin.

          Show
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment - I believe I can't help you further on this one, feel free to re-open if the issue is moved to this plugin.
          Hide
          supershi yang shi added a comment - - edited

          Hi Tanasa,
          I have contacted the JIRA support and the result is that the character encoding in HTTP heads is set to UTF-8 as expected, the JSON payload also shows the correct character, it doesn't look like JIRA is messing up the character encoding.

          Please see the new images I have uploaded. Thanks!

           

          Show
          supershi yang shi added a comment - - edited Hi Tanasa, I have contacted the JIRA support and the result is that the character encoding in HTTP heads is set to UTF-8 as expected, the JSON payload also shows the correct character, it doesn't look like JIRA is messing up the character encoding. Please see the new images I have uploaded. Thanks!  
          Hide
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment -

          Thanks for getting back to this issue. I'm a little tight on my capacity at the moment and it's going to take sometime (few weeks) before I can have start looking into this issue. Feel free to contribute to the project though!

          Show
          ceilfors Wisen Tanasa added a comment - Thanks for getting back to this issue. I'm a little tight on my capacity at the moment and it's going to take sometime (few weeks) before I can have start looking into this issue. Feel free to contribute to the project though!

            People

            • Assignee:
              ceilfors Wisen Tanasa
              Reporter:
              supershi yang shi
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: