This was tested on
- CloudBees Core Managed Master (18.104.22.168)
- CloudBees Core Managed Master (22.214.171.124)
- Jenkins OSS: 2.164.2-cb-1
How to reproduce:
- Clean install one of those versions with the suggested plugins (or no plugins)
- Disable CAP if in CloudBees Core
- Update "Pipeline: Declarative Extension Steps" plugin thru the Jenkins UI
- Restart Jenkins
You should get the trace attached to this file.
Further information: it seems to handle a fail on the pom.xml with the pipeline-model-definition-plugin that avoids jenkins to update gracefully.