So we use Amazon EC2 plugin which created Dynamic slaves.
I will try to describe the issue:
- Slave request was made by the server to the EC2 plugin
- EC2 plugin brought up a slave and attached for use
- A build picked up the slave and failed with the error below
- The slave got assigned to another build and that build also failed
- The slave doesn't get decommissioned when the below issue happens rather it keeps disrupting all the Jenkins jobs it gets assigned too.
- There is a manual workaround to restart the slave but I am looking for an automated way to detect it and either delete the slave or automatically restart the slave.
- My point also is that this issue has happened not once but many times with different people so what can be done to fix it?