Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-62671

pluginManager page broken after upgrade

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Blocker
    • Resolution: Not A Defect
    • Component/s: core
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      Jenkins ver. 2.222.3, running on linux Redhat CentOS server
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      After an upgrade, our pluginManager page is completely un-usable.  There's no UI button, tabs, controls - just a spew of red text indicating all the plugins.

      It's likely we didn't properly check all the plugins for compatibility as our Jenkins version was quite old before we set this one up.

      It's failing on these pages:
      Updates: /pluginManager/
      Available: /pluginManager/available
      Advanced: /pluginManager/advanced – partially works, see screenshot

      It renders correctly on, and presumably I could uninstall plugins at least (or use cli to do that) :
      pluginManager/installed

      I have attached a screencap of this issue - Does anyone have suggestion of how to fix it?

       

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          As I wrote, the wrong URL is configured as an update site URL.

          Plugin Manager, Advanced.

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - As I wrote, the wrong URL is configured as an update site URL. Plugin Manager, Advanced.
          Hide
          karixa Kari Cowan added a comment -

          Thanks Daniel Beck that wasn't at all clear on your first response – thanks for following-up again - I removed that and it fixed the main error.

          Now I get error:
          There were errors checking the update sites:

          MalformedURLException: no protocol: ?id=default&version=2.222.3
          

          Do you know if this is still the valid url to set for the update-center default?

          http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json

          >> that redirects to http://mirror.xmission.com/jenkins/updates/stable-2.222/update-center.json
          with an error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

          Do you know if there should be url values in hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml, and what should those values be?

          // # cat /var/lib/jenkins/hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml
          <?xml version='1.1' encoding='UTF-8'?>
          <sites>
            <site>
              <id>http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json</id>
              <url></url>
            </site>
            <site>
              <id>default</id>
              <url></url>
            </site>
          </sites>
          
          Show
          karixa Kari Cowan added a comment - Thanks Daniel Beck that wasn't at all clear on your first response – thanks for following-up again - I removed that and it fixed the main error. Now I get error: There were errors checking the update sites: MalformedURLException: no protocol: ?id= default &version=2.222.3 Do you know if this is still the valid url to set for the update-center default? http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json >> that redirects to http://mirror.xmission.com/jenkins/updates/stable-2.222/update-center.json with an error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data Do you know if there should be url values in hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml, and what should those values be? // # cat / var /lib/jenkins/hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml <?xml version= '1.1' encoding= 'UTF-8' ?> <sites>   <site>     <id>http: //updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json</id>     <url></url>   </site>   <site>     <id> default </id>     <url></url>   </site> </sites>
          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          I don't know how you managed to configure that but it should look like this:

          <?xml version='1.1' encoding='UTF-8'?>
          <sites>
            <site>
              <id>default</id>
              <url>https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json</url>
            </site>
          </sites> 

          The only correct choice is https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json unless you use a non-Jenkins infra update site. Whoever told you to use /stable/ is wrong.

          For further questions, please use chat or the Jenkins users mailing list.

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - I don't know how you managed to configure that but it should look like this: <?xml version='1.1' encoding='UTF-8'?> <sites>   <site>     <id>default</id>     <url>https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json</url>   </site> </sites> The only correct choice is https://updates.jenkins.io/update-center.json unless you use a non-Jenkins infra update site. Whoever told you to use  /stable/ is wrong. For further questions, please use chat or the Jenkins users mailing list.
          Hide
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

          Please leave this closed.

          Show
          danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Please leave this closed.
          Hide
          karixa Kari Cowan added a comment -

          Thanks Daniel Beck - that was the magic charm.  

          Show
          karixa Kari Cowan added a comment - Thanks Daniel Beck - that was the magic charm.  

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              karixa Kari Cowan
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: