When the Hudson Git plug-in encounters an error during cloning, it should forward the actual error messages from Git, not only that an error has occurred. This would make it a whole lot easier to understand what's gone wrong. In my case I didn't understand that git was unable to authenticate, until I checked the SCM polling log, where the git command's error messages were actually printed.
|Field||Original Value||New Value|
|Assignee||magnayn [ magnayn ]||abayer [ abayer ]|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|
|Workflow||JNJira [ 136425 ]||JNJira + In-Review [ 204028 ]|