Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-13058

E-mail to individuals who broke the build is sent to wrong address

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      First of all - this problem occurred, from what I can see in my mail archive, around March 1st. It could be related to the 1.452 Jenkins update.

      When a build fails the emails sent to individuals who broke the build is sent to the wrong address. The e-mails are sent to DomainName_UserName@DomainName.com instead of UserName@DomainName.com or even better Full.Email.Address@DomainName.com

      I see the following in the logs when a build fails:

      WARNING: Credential exception tying to authenticate against DomainName.com domain
      org.acegisecurity.BadCredentialsException: Authentication was successful but cannot locate the user information for DomainName_UserName
      

      So it seems that the active directory plugin is looking for the wrong username. It should look up "UserName", not "DomainName_UserName ". When I log in to Jenkins, I can see in the logs that it looks up "UserName" in AD, which is correct. I can also see that it is provided with all email addresses, full name etc. So I guess the AD plugin is working.

      I believe the problem is related to the DomainName\UserName format that Windows/Active Directory is using. Our SVN server is also using AD. When I do a "svn info" on any resource, the LastChanged Author is "DomainName\UserName".

      Could it be that the SVN plugin is "sanitizing" DomainName\UserName to DomainName_UserName?

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          mabahj Markus added a comment -

          We have changed the SVN server to report only "UserName", not "DomainName\UserName". This is therefore no longer a problem for us, but I'll leave this open if others experience the same problem.

          Show
          mabahj Markus added a comment - We have changed the SVN server to report only "UserName", not "DomainName\UserName". This is therefore no longer a problem for us, but I'll leave this open if others experience the same problem.
          Hide
          jknudsen Joe Knudsen added a comment -

          This is happening at our Jenkins version 1.480.3 with the Active Directory plugin 1.30 and the Subversion Plugin 1.45.

          Show
          jknudsen Joe Knudsen added a comment - This is happening at our Jenkins version 1.480.3 with the Active Directory plugin 1.30 and the Subversion Plugin 1.45.
          Hide
          nir_hp nir h added a comment -

          I'm having the same issue with TFS source control plugin. My Jenkins version is 1.599.

          Show
          nir_hp nir h added a comment - I'm having the same issue with TFS source control plugin. My Jenkins version is 1.599.
          Hide
          mabahj Markus added a comment -

          I'm sorry, but we do not see this issue anymore and have not for years. I'll therefore close this as cannot reproduce since I as reporter cannot reproduce it. Given the time that has passed since I reported this, I suspect your problem would have a different root cause.

          (If this is a very wrong issue tracking methodology, then please let me know. I'll then reopen it.)

          Show
          mabahj Markus added a comment - I'm sorry, but we do not see this issue anymore and have not for years. I'll therefore close this as cannot reproduce since I as reporter cannot reproduce it. Given the time that has passed since I reported this, I suspect your problem would have a different root cause. (If this is a very wrong issue tracking methodology, then please let me know. I'll then reopen it.)

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              mabahj Markus
            • Votes:
              3 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              6 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: