Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      When displaying summary of changes unicode characters are displayed incorrectly.

      Browser encoding is set o Unicode.

        Attachments

        1. Capture.PNG
          Capture.PNG
          13 kB
        2. Jenkins status.PNG
          Jenkins status.PNG
          8 kB
        3. jenkins summary.PNG
          jenkins summary.PNG
          3 kB
        4. mercurial.hpi
          107 kB

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment -

            Code changed in jenkins
            User: Jesse Glick
            Path:
            src/main/java/hudson/plugins/mercurial/MercurialSCM.java
            http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/mercurial-plugin/20116c4e40be73e4146af27931c54c5ef57be4e2
            Log:
            [FIXED JENKINS-17353] Assume UTF-8 encoding for metadata in changelog.xml.

            Show
            scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment - Code changed in jenkins User: Jesse Glick Path: src/main/java/hudson/plugins/mercurial/MercurialSCM.java http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/mercurial-plugin/20116c4e40be73e4146af27931c54c5ef57be4e2 Log: [FIXED JENKINS-17353] Assume UTF-8 encoding for metadata in changelog.xml.
            Hide
            gameshas Justinas Urbanavicius added a comment -

            hmm, that's strange, as i said, mercurial rhodecode reads commit messages just fine, and displays them correctly, and it runs on Linux Debian.

            Show
            gameshas Justinas Urbanavicius added a comment - hmm, that's strange, as i said, mercurial rhodecode reads commit messages just fine, and displays them correctly, and it runs on Linux Debian.
            Hide
            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment -

            See if the attached update works for you.

            Show
            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment - See if the attached update works for you.
            Hide
            gameshas Justinas Urbanavicius added a comment -

            Works as expected, see attached screen shots, thanks.

            Show
            gameshas Justinas Urbanavicius added a comment - Works as expected, see attached screen shots, thanks.
            Hide
            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment -

            Good. I tried to make the plugin ask Mercurial to emit the changelog in UTF-8, replacing unknown characters if unsupported; not sure what effect this will have. Notoriously difficult to test this sort of thing, especially on Windows, because it is hard to tell where and how characters and being converted to bytes or vice-versa.

            Show
            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment - Good. I tried to make the plugin ask Mercurial to emit the changelog in UTF-8, replacing unknown characters if unsupported; not sure what effect this will have. Notoriously difficult to test this sort of thing, especially on Windows, because it is hard to tell where and how characters and being converted to bytes or vice-versa.

              People

              • Assignee:
                jglick Jesse Glick
                Reporter:
                gameshas Justinas Urbanavicius
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: