Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-18467

Unable to deploy the ear file using weblogic-deployer-plugin

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      When i am trying to configure weblogic deployment plugin, i am always getting an error page. Please find the attachment below to know the error trace.
      I need to know from where 'Stage Mode' options in 'WebLogic configuration' section are populated? There is no configuration file where i can mention the modes.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          tsrikanth8883 Srikanth Tirukovalluru added a comment - - edited

          I am using this plugin for the first time and i have installed 'Deploy WebLogic Plugin' 2.2 version which is latest i suppose.

          Show
          tsrikanth8883 Srikanth Tirukovalluru added a comment - - edited I am using this plugin for the first time and i have installed 'Deploy WebLogic Plugin' 2.2 version which is latest i suppose.
          Hide
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment -

          OK, It's a bug. I have to release a new version to fix this issue. Basically, when Jenkins loads a job configuration it invokes the plugin descriptor of each used plugin. The problem is that when jenkins loads weblogic plugin descriptor it try to bind stageMode attribute (which is empty) with an existing enumerated value. As it can't bind this value it throws an Exception.

          Show
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment - OK, It's a bug. I have to release a new version to fix this issue. Basically, when Jenkins loads a job configuration it invokes the plugin descriptor of each used plugin. The problem is that when jenkins loads weblogic plugin descriptor it try to bind stageMode attribute (which is empty) with an existing enumerated value. As it can't bind this value it throws an Exception.
          Hide
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment -

          Hi,

          Due to a problem with my laptop, I couldn't release a new version of the plugin with the bug fix. Here is some workaround.
          First : You can checkout git project (git://github.com/jenkinsci/weblogic-deployer-plugin.git), build it then load it manually on your jenkins
          Second : The simplest one. Find into the plugin dir (plugins) the task.jelly file (WEB-INF/classes/org/jenkinsci/plugins/deploy/weblogic/data/DeploymentTask\task.jelly). Then replace the following part :

          <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration}">
          <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration.stage.mode}" field="stageMode">
          <select class="setting-input" name="stageMode">
          <j:forEach var="inst" items="${descriptor.weblogicStageModes}">
          <f:option value="${inst.name()}" selected="${inst.name() == it.stageMode.name()}" >${inst.name()}</f:option>
          </j:forEach>
          </select>
          </f:entry>
          </f:entry>

          By this one
          <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration}">
          <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration.stage.mode}" field="stageMode">
          <f:textbox default="stage" value="stage"/>
          </f:entry>
          </f:entry>

          I hope It will resolve your job creation issue until the next release

          Show
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment - Hi, Due to a problem with my laptop, I couldn't release a new version of the plugin with the bug fix. Here is some workaround. First : You can checkout git project (git://github.com/jenkinsci/weblogic-deployer-plugin.git), build it then load it manually on your jenkins Second : The simplest one. Find into the plugin dir (plugins) the task.jelly file (WEB-INF/classes/org/jenkinsci/plugins/deploy/weblogic/data/DeploymentTask\task.jelly). Then replace the following part : <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration}"> <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration.stage.mode}" field="stageMode"> <select class="setting-input" name="stageMode"> <j:forEach var="inst" items="${descriptor.weblogicStageModes}"> <f:option value="${inst.name()}" selected="${inst.name() == it.stageMode.name()}" >${inst.name()}</f:option> </j:forEach> </select> </f:entry> </f:entry> By this one <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration}"> <f:entry title="${%wl.configuration.stage.mode}" field="stageMode"> <f:textbox default="stage" value="stage"/> </f:entry> </f:entry> I hope It will resolve your job creation issue until the next release
          Hide
          tsrikanth8883 Srikanth Tirukovalluru added a comment -

          Hi,

          Thanks for your quick response. By following your second approach i could able to proceed further.Let me check how the deployment process will be. Thanks for your help.

          Srikanth.T

          Show
          tsrikanth8883 Srikanth Tirukovalluru added a comment - Hi, Thanks for your quick response. By following your second approach i could able to proceed further.Let me check how the deployment process will be. Thanks for your help. Srikanth.T
          Hide
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment -

          Fixed in 2.3 version

          Show
          raphc Raphael CHAUMIER added a comment - Fixed in 2.3 version

            People

            • Assignee:
              raphc Raphael CHAUMIER
              Reporter:
              tsrikanth8883 Srikanth Tirukovalluru
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: