* CentOS 6.5 (x86_64 - 2.6.32)
* There are no slaves
* Jenkins ver. 1.542 (latest, installed as a package from: http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat)
* Git plugin is 2.0 (latest)
* Git client plugin is 1.4.6 (latest)
* Git version is 1.7.1 (latest installed w/ yum)
Am I doing something wrong, or is this not something that is supported?
When I try to add a Git SCM using SSH credentials, it fails with the following error (see SCMError.png):
I've configured the private key properly (as far as I know anyway)... See PrivateKeyConfiguration.png
I've also tried the same configuration under a credential domain in case git was hung with a message like this (See CredentialDomain.png):
I've tested and the private key that I am using does have access:
As a workaround I can add/create a key as the jenkins user; however, it would be great if I could use the SSH Credentials plugin so that the key is backed up and restored if I move to a new Jenkins server.