During upload of console log an exception is thrown and the connection pipe gets closed which results in copying only a portion of the console log to the remote server. This feature was working when used with Jenkins 1.525, but started to fail when I upgraded to Jenkins 1.540.
The exception occurs when writer.flush() is called in ConsoleRunnable thread.
steps to repro:
1. get and install the latest version of the scp plugin
2. goto jenkins global config page and configure an scp server
3. create a new job
4. add a 'Publish artifacts to SCP Repository' build step
5. select to copy console log
6. run a build (with a relatively large log maybe ~5 MB)
7. verify that entire console log is copied to the remote server.