When there are hundreds of throttled builds in the queue, page loads increase by an order of magnitude.
Steps to reproduce:
- Run Jenkins 1.580.2 and latest throttle-concurrent-builds plugin
- Create a matrix job with 200 combinations (attached)
- In the same job, select "Throttle Concurrent Builds" with a maximum of 7 builds throttled as part of a category called 'semaphore'
- Set number of executors on the 'master' queue to 200
- Run the job. There should only be 7 builds running due to the throttling
Page load times will increase by an order of magnitude – I observed 10 seconds from
If you remove the throttling in the job configuration, the page load times will be under 50 ms.