In the Git plugin for SCM, there is a Sparse Checkout paths option to add under Additional Behaviours. I am currently unable to checkout my git repo using sparse-checkout. To simply this test job, the only step that it contains is the SCM portion.
Things I've checked/done so far:
- Git version is at least 1.9.5
- Ran job without sparse checkout paths and git repo was cloned successfully
- Deleted workspace folder and ran job with sparse checkout option added to the jenkins job and failed: FATAL: java.io.IOException: Remote call on node_name failed
- Manually configured sparsecheckout with desired path and did a git checkout successfully.
- Tried to run the job right after manual sparsecheckout but job failed: FATAL: java.io.IOException: Remote call on node_name failed
- Removed sparse checkout paths option and job passed, but running the job, it reconfigured core.sparsecheckout to be false:
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently working with a extremely large git repo (30+ GB) and utilizing sparse-checkout would save greatly on build times and drive space.
FATAL: java.io.IOException: Remote call on node_name failed error: