Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-29279

Java heap error trying to use p4-plugin

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Blocker
    • Resolution: Not A Defect
    • Component/s: p4-plugin
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      Jenkins 1.619, P4-Plugin 1.24, jre 1.7.0_80, see attachments for further java and windows versions and information. Using chrome browser to interface with Jenkins
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      When trying to use the p4-plugin and attempting to complete a build I get a java heap error (see attached file "p4 plug-in heap error.pdf" for full console log) when it attempts to sync and pull down all the files. Looks like at least some of the files are being pulled and it takes around 20-25 minutes to get the error. This happens every time and I'm really clueless where to go next. I looked at ticket JENKINS-26486 which seem similar but I have the latest components of everything and still have the problem.

      Thank you in advance for any information you can provide and let me know if you need me to pull any additional information or logs from my system.

        Attachments

        1. java-environ.jpg
          java-environ.jpg
          36 kB
        2. java-info.jpg
          java-info.jpg
          29 kB
        3. p4 plug-in heap error.pdf
          73 kB
        4. server info.jpg
          server info.jpg
          26 kB

          Activity

          Hide
          p4paul Paul Allen added a comment -

          It looks like you may have run out of memory, presumably on the slave MSCBuild‐Test, but you may want to check the master too.

          Try the java -Xmx [size] args when launching the master and slaves.

          Show
          p4paul Paul Allen added a comment - It looks like you may have run out of memory, presumably on the slave MSCBuild‐Test, but you may want to check the master too. Try the java -Xmx [size] args when launching the master and slaves.
          Hide
          todd_galloway Todd Galloway added a comment -

          Since I posted this I found we were using 32 bit Java so we upgraded to 64 bit and on the master size I'm using the setting -Xmx5000m which should be plenty for anything I'd think. However I had not tried or thought the problem would be on the slave side so I'll look into what we have going there. Thank you for the feedback and I'll post the latest after I get some more test results.

          Show
          todd_galloway Todd Galloway added a comment - Since I posted this I found we were using 32 bit Java so we upgraded to 64 bit and on the master size I'm using the setting -Xmx5000m which should be plenty for anything I'd think. However I had not tried or thought the problem would be on the slave side so I'll look into what we have going there. Thank you for the feedback and I'll post the latest after I get some more test results.
          Hide
          todd_galloway Todd Galloway added a comment -

          Turns out my issue was on the slave machine side. Once I bumped my Java memory up on the slave side my problems went away. Thank you for the feedback and help I received on this item.

          Show
          todd_galloway Todd Galloway added a comment - Turns out my issue was on the slave machine side. Once I bumped my Java memory up on the slave side my problems went away. Thank you for the feedback and help I received on this item.
          Hide
          p4paul Paul Allen added a comment -

          Hi Todd, thank you for letting me know and closing the job.
          Kind regards, Paul

          Show
          p4paul Paul Allen added a comment - Hi Todd, thank you for letting me know and closing the job. Kind regards, Paul

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              todd_galloway Todd Galloway
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: