Another iteration of UX improvements to the config pages following on from JENKINS-32357.
- Split out config/table-metadata.js. Refactor config/table-metadata.js to extract ConfigTableMetaData, ConfigSection and ConfigRowSet into modules of their own. They've outgrown where they are.
- Section merging. Visual merging of sections e.g. perhaps the "Advanced Project Options" section should really be moved into the "General" section.
- Section extraction. Visually extract parts of a section to visually create a new section e.g. visually extract build parameters into a section of their own.
- Finder auto-complete.
- Try accordion based navigation (instead of Tabs). See config/tabbar.js and do something similar for accordions.
- Try a "left tree" based navigation (instead of Tabs). See config/tabbar.js and do something similar etc.
- New Item Wizards. Maybe we can create some "New Item" wizards that help users configure new Jobs more easily. E.g. for a freestyle job, something that guides you to configure the SCM and then some Build actions. I think this would be especially useful for new Jenkins users. Of course it needs to be something that can be turned off easily (with a "don't show me this anymore" type checkbox).
What else could we do? Please feel free to add ideas in comments and we'll then move them to the list here.