When throttling a set of jobs, to avoid having to manage job categories in System Configuration (that I don't necessarily have permissions to access), it would be nice if we could throttle builds by job names.
Consider this sequence of jobs:
I could configure two categories and attach ENV1 and ENV2 jobs to those.
However, it would be easier if I could just throttle builds per job name as in:
- ^PROJECT-ENV1-.*$ for env #1 jobs
- ^PROJECT-ENV2-.*$ for env #2 jobs
The problems with having to maintain categories is:
- Need permissions to Manage Jenkins > Configure System
- Cannot create categories via Job DSL plugin
- It's unneeded extra work if you follow sensible naming conventions and use regex