There are a few gaps with how creation is handled now:
(repeating from link below):
- When creating github pipeline, no description text is needed. Should just go from "Creating pipeline" to "Completed" (short delay) then automatically take them to activity screen
- In case of single github pipeline (like above) - "Creating Pipeline..." while it is scanning. If none are found, then say "there are no Jenkinsfiles in $REPO" with the create pipeline button (and again, no description text)
- Auto discover - the wording needs changes:
- Never say anything about creating "organizations"
- "Discovering Pipelines..." is sufficient
- No description text for this step
- When going into final state
- Title: "No Jenkinsfiles found in any of your repositories"
- Body: "A Jenkinsfile is stored in your repository and describes how your Pipeline will run – Learn more"
- Learn more opens in new window
- Action: "Check again"
- This runs the rescan again without leaving this page
- Auto discover - also again no description text. Just "Discovering Pipelines..." and then "Discovered X pipelines" and then a delay, redirect to dashboard
- When creating git and there are no branches - go to activity screen where empty state will tell them what to do (vs show a button).
- Some of these use cases may be covered by other stories and its likely we need to break this down further.
- It would be prudent to wait until
is mostly working before we pick this up JENKINS-41966
- Unfortunately the Jenkins wiki is so old it would take me 100 years to create a good page about this work, so I have to link to a CloudBees internal page (sorry everyone else). Drop a comment here and I can see if I can get it copied across if you need it.op