"slave" terminology was deprecated in Jenkins 2.0, but there are still occurrences in Jenkins Plugins and documentation: https://github.com/search?q=org%3Ajenkinsci+slave&type=Code. We need to clean it up. This EPIC keeps a track of missing renaming when we occasionally notice them.
Renaming scope includes:
- Jenkins Documentation (jenkins.io, plugin docs, etc.)
- Built-in plugin documentation and Web UI
- Plugin Names
- REST API endpoints
- Symbols for JCasC/JobDSL/Pipeline
- 3rd-party blogposts
- Class Names and API where feasible (Retaining binary compatibility may require a massive effort)
- Any other code: local variables, class fields, etc.