Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-44241

Real User Monitoring (RUM) does not work when enabled

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Component/s: monitoring-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jenkins 2.57 plus Monitoring plugin 1.66.0, running using embedded web server (Jetty?)
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      I have installed the just-released Monitoring Plugin 1.66.0. This version includes Real User Monitoring, which I enabled by starting Jenkins with -Djavamelody.rum-enabled=true.

      However, I do not see the new statistics as expected. When I go to the Jenkins monitoring page, then in the "Statistics http system errors" section, I see many errors of the form:

      /job//monitoring?resource=boomerang.min.js GET   Error404
      

      So, it looks like RUM has indeed been activated, but for some reason it looks like it's missing that .js file. Is this a packaging error in the plugin?

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          evernat evernat added a comment -

          It is now fixed by https://github.com/javamelody/javamelody/commit/c09c6929d526363a55c59e388da48c6c6ec6bd77

          And it is just released as v1.67.0. (You may need to wait a few hours before the new release appears in the update center of your Jenkins server.)

          Thanks for the fast issue.

          Show
          evernat evernat added a comment - It is now fixed by https://github.com/javamelody/javamelody/commit/c09c6929d526363a55c59e388da48c6c6ec6bd77 And it is just released as v1.67.0. (You may need to wait a few hours before the new release appears in the update center of your Jenkins server.) Thanks for the fast issue.
          Hide
          mwebber Matthew Webber added a comment -

          I installed 1.67.1 and restarted. RUM appears to be active (I can see the associated javascript at the bottom of each web page), but I can't see the statistics. When I go to myserver/monitoring, and expand "Statistics http" +Details, the headings I see are just

          Request
          % of cumulative time
          Hits
          Mean time (ms)
          Max time (ms)
          Standard deviation
          % of cumulative cpu time
          Mean cpu time (ms)
          % of system error
          Mean size (Kb)
          

          None of the new statistics are there. Am I looking in the right place?

          Show
          mwebber Matthew Webber added a comment - I installed 1.67.1 and restarted. RUM appears to be active (I can see the associated javascript at the bottom of each web page), but I can't see the statistics. When I go to myserver/monitoring , and expand " Statistics http " +Details , the headings I see are just Request % of cumulative time Hits Mean time (ms) Max time (ms) Standard deviation % of cumulative cpu time Mean cpu time (ms) % of system error Mean size (Kb) None of the new statistics are there. Am I looking in the right place?
          Hide
          evernat evernat added a comment -

          In the Details of the "Statistics http", click on a http request of a html page. In the opened page, you should see a colored bar at the top with Network, Server, DOM processing, Page rendering.

          Show
          evernat evernat added a comment - In the Details of the "Statistics http", click on a http request of a html page. In the opened page, you should see a colored bar at the top with Network, Server, DOM processing, Page rendering.
          Hide
          mwebber Matthew Webber added a comment -

          Got it, thanks.

          Show
          mwebber Matthew Webber added a comment - Got it, thanks.

            People

            • Assignee:
              evernat evernat
              Reporter:
              mwebber Matthew Webber
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: