Type: New Feature
SCM plugins often need to maintain a list of SCM servers, and as such need an API to take an URL and turn it into a reasonable suggestion of a display name to cover the cases where the user doesn't bother to provide a display name.
- The API will only process the hostname part of the supplied URLs
- In cases where no sensible name can be generated, the API returns a null response
- The API shall remove public TLDs and well known public SLDs from the hostname.
- The API will remove a caller provided list of well known prefixes from the hostname.
- The hostname shall be punycode decoded if necessary