Code for this available on: https://github.com/jenkinsci/blueocean-plugin/pull/1658
As suggested by Daniel Beck, it would be a good idea if blue ocean had a jenkins config setting that made the home page default to /blue (Tyler has done this with nginx rules before).
This is a necessary precursor to making blue the default out of box experience/entry point, allowing people to opt in.
- When set, accessing the root will redirect to /blue
- Existing links back to classic will keep working
- Configured in settings, but also via system property/env variable (off by default initially)
- Should be tested via ATH in blue ocean
- Need to ensure that links back to classic are not broken and "cool urls don't change"
- Ensure only links to root redirect to /blue
- Ensure that there are not any side effects (people using queries against root, for example) - investigation needed here.