This issue is absolutely killing our build server. It's appearing in many different contexts, including getting build configurations, viewing jobs, running executors, routine maintenance tasks like fingerprint cleanup, etc. There have been 4,707 occurrences in just the last three hours: jenkins.log is 32MB (attached compressed jenkins.log.gz). Jenkins is at 2.178. I keep upgrading hoping that this will be fixed but clearly it's not.
If there's a single plugin causing the problem, I'd be happy to uninstall it but, as I noted, it's happening for lots of different operations. The biggest problem is that it's blocking the credentials store functionality, so projects that already have credentials configured have a warning "Cannot find any credentials with id <xxx>". The only options available in the credentials drop-down list are "
current" and " none". If I set the credentials to " none" and save the configuration, then the only option available is " none". At some point the following message is logged:
2019-05-20 14:36:05.974+0000 [id=10] WARNING hudson.FilePath#_getChannelForSerialization: A FilePath object is being serialized when it should not be, indicating a bug in a plugin. See https://jenkins.io/redirect/filepath-serialization for details.
java.io.NotSerializableException: The calling thread Thread[Handling GET /credentials/store/system/domain/_/credential/<xxxx>/ from _<ip-address>_ : _<id>_ CredentialsStoreAction/CredentialsWrapper/index.jelly,5,main] has no associated channel. The current object null is interface org.jenkinsci.remoting.SerializableOnlyOverRemoting, but it is likely being serialized/deserialized without the channel
I've got builds limping along now after dealing with weird conflicts from the authorize project plugin that may or may not be related to this issue, but I would really like a fix to this both so we can configure credentials on projects without having to edit config.xml files and to declutter the log files so that we can see any other issues that may occur.