Status: Open (View Workflow)
Environment:o Microsoft Windows Server 2003 RS2 (4.0 GB RAM (physical))
o Tomcat 6.0.29
o Hudson 1.383
o Java 1.5.0_15
o Maven 2.2.1
o Current Catalina, Java and Maven options: -Xmx1124m
We have some troubles with a Hudson job, which builds a Java component consisting of several projects. One of the projects/modules in this component executes up to 400'000 unit tests. They went through fine, but the job fails, when trying to record the test results. To build our component we are using Maven.
- We were trying to adjust the maximum heap space (in JAVA_OPTS, CATALINA_OPTS, MAVEN_OPTS and Surefire) up to 2.0 GB without success.
- We defined the job as a Maven2 job and a freestyle job, both with the same result. (see output below)
- When we disabled the publishing of the JUnit test results, then the job went through fine.
We assume the recording and publishing of the JUnit test results is not properly implemented to support such a huge amount of unit tests. Is it possible to improve this?
Configured as Maven2 job
- Job fails when trying to record the test results within the module (Java project) it builds
Configured as freestyle job
- Build is successful, but fails when trying to record the test results at the end of the job
- When disabling the publishing of the JUnit test results, then the job went through fine.