Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-13214

Tests with the same name are no longer reported in the test results

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      After updating from 1.425 to 1.456 test results will only show one test for tests having the same name.
      Test set having tests executed with parameters:
      ...
      ..Executing TestMyTest#testDefault(true)
      ..Executing TestMyTest#testDefault(false)
      .Finished test set [Unit Tests] on Fri Mar 23 12:26:08 CET 2012. Executed [132] tests.

      Resulting test results: xml
      ...
      <testcase time="0.047" classname="TestMyTest" name="testDefault"/>
      <testcase time="0.043" classname="TestMyTest" name="testDefault"/>
      </testsuite>

      In version 1.425 the 132 test results where correctly displayed.
      In version 1.456 the test results page is only having one entry for these tests, total amount of tests reported is no longer valid and is the count per test method and not the count of tests actually executed.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited

            Got the same problem. It is broken from 1.453
            Still works good on 1.452 - I discovered it afer series of downgrades

            Show
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited Got the same problem. It is broken from 1.453 Still works good on 1.452 - I discovered it afer series of downgrades
            Hide
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment -

            Seems like it is broken by JENKINS-12457

            Show
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - Seems like it is broken by JENKINS-12457
            Hide
            kutzi kutzi added a comment -

            Do you have a 'real-world' example of a testresult.xml?

            Show
            kutzi kutzi added a comment - Do you have a 'real-world' example of a testresult.xml?
            Hide
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited

            Yes, here it is. I run one testfile with a couple of config files, and though name of the test is the same, but any of them could fail. So I need statistic for each of them.
            In Jenkins I gather result through "Publish Test Results in Labeled Groups" with report file mask test-reports/*.xml. It worked until the changes in v 1.453

            Show
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited Yes, here it is. I run one testfile with a couple of config files, and though name of the test is the same, but any of them could fail. So I need statistic for each of them. In Jenkins I gather result through "Publish Test Results in Labeled Groups" with report file mask test-reports/*.xml. It worked until the changes in v 1.453
            Hide
            soid Greg Temchenko added a comment -

            I would describe it as incapability between LabeledTestGroupsPublisher Plugin and the new version of Jenkins.

            Show
            soid Greg Temchenko added a comment - I would describe it as incapability between LabeledTestGroupsPublisher Plugin and the new version of Jenkins.
            Hide
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited

            Greg, I disagree. The same happens when gather result with "Publish JUnit test result report" option. So the bug is not in the plugins, but in Jenkins code

            Show
            desperado Ruslan Strazhnyk added a comment - - edited Greg, I disagree. The same happens when gather result with "Publish JUnit test result report" option. So the bug is not in the plugins, but in Jenkins code
            Hide
            scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment -

            Code changed in jenkins
            User: Christoph Kutzinski
            Path:
            changelog.html
            core/src/test/java/hudson/tasks/junit/TestResultTest.java
            core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/JENKINS-13214/27449.xml
            core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/JENKINS-13214/27540.xml
            core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/JENKINS-13214/29734.xml
            http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/jenkins/1d249b98fb2a70f31b27849898e5d50dd5b018a4
            Log:
            Added testcase and changelog for JENKINS-13214. The actual fix is in 7fba652710e64f6dce00e2e186e77ee2a39bd445

            Compare: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/compare/2dd0398...1d249b9

            Show
            scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment - Code changed in jenkins User: Christoph Kutzinski Path: changelog.html core/src/test/java/hudson/tasks/junit/TestResultTest.java core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/ JENKINS-13214 /27449.xml core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/ JENKINS-13214 /27540.xml core/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/ JENKINS-13214 /29734.xml http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/jenkins/1d249b98fb2a70f31b27849898e5d50dd5b018a4 Log: Added testcase and changelog for JENKINS-13214 . The actual fix is in 7fba652710e64f6dce00e2e186e77ee2a39bd445 Compare: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/compare/2dd0398...1d249b9

              People

              • Assignee:
                kutzi kutzi
                Reporter:
                ajbanck ajbanck
              • Votes:
                1 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: