Lately we've been seeing an issue with phantom promotions.
1. clone a job that has a promotion process set
2. in the newly cloned job, rename said promotion process
3. on disk (under JENKINS_HOME) notice that the promotions folder for the new job has multiple promotions
4. notice that the previously-named promotion process doesn't appear in the UI
5. if a build occurs and it matches the critera of the hidden promotion process, that will also execute
6. repeating step #1 on the current job will accumulate phantom promotion configs (there will now be two after a rename)